Sunday 12 February 2012

A Little Introduction.

Hello! As you can see, I've started a new blog. EXCITING. I've still got my main one, on my website, (here, of course) but I wanted a separate space for what is fast becoming a major part of my work; food illustration!

I thought long and hard over whether or not to start this, after all, I'm already overly busy - but I love cooking and baking, I love drawing food, and it felt like a good idea to keep a blog based on all these things rather than muddle up my 'proper' blog and portfolio. This is definitely an experiment; in whether I can manage to draw food once or twice a week, and to share recipes and show you what I'm making.

I cook for myself, about 4 nights out of 7 in a week; the other nights I'm out being interesting. I work full time, I'm single (this is important - as in, I don't cook for anyone else, so I can be weird and extravagant or weird and lazy, and also end up eating bigger portions because I don't know how to divide properly), I share a house in London with 4 others, our kitchen is not massive, though quite well equipped. We have barely any freezer space, and our fridge can be... interesting. We don't, as a rule, ever cook together. And so this, I realise, is not uncommon throughout twenty-something young professionals in London. Or anywhere else, to be fair. But I think it'll be interesting.

I hate starting anything new. So much pressure. I'd rather get a few posts done and then release this wonderful thing on to the world. But, you know, it's sunday night, and I'm hungry. So here we are. Watch this space, as they say. Watch it. This space. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment